1. About us
1.1 Data Controller
Face II Face Media Ltd is a registered data controller (company number A8256109) in relation to the processing of any personal information in connection with our services.
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
1.1.2 Your Rights
18.104.22.168 Withdrawal of consent including marketing opt-out
You may withdraw consent for data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our contact details are above should you wish to exercise these important rights.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, in relation to information we store on your name, email address, profile information such as company and job title, and your payment history. Following a request we require up to 30 working days to provide you with your information.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
22.214.171.124 Retention of your data
Information relating to your financial transactions with us will be kept for the period required by relevant UK tax and revenue legislation.
In all other cases, we will erase or anonymise your data once it is no longer necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
You may instruct us to change any inaccurate data or to erase data that is no longer required for a specified purpose.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, you should first make your complaint to the Information Commissioner. Their contact details are available on their website www.ico.gov.uk.
2. The information we collect or receive and how we use it
2.1 Newsletter email
We collect your email address when you buy a ticket to The pET show online or register to receive our newsletter email. We usually send our email monthly, but on occasion we may send a “special” edition. We only send these special editions when we have something really important to share with you and it doesn’t happen very often.
If you wish to stop receiving our email, you can do so at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’.
2.2 Internal reporting, insight and analysis
We may also use the information referred to in this clause 2 to generate aggregated, anonymised data for the purposes of internal reporting, insight and analysis, enabling us to improve and personalise our Site, the services we offer and search results for our Site. Where necessary this exercise may be carried out on our behalf by a third party – please see clause 3 below.
2.3 Our Brands
thepetshow.co.uk is a Face II Face Media Limited Brand. thepetshow.co.uk specific way of operating is governed by the legally binding Editorial Code. This includes that:
- Any information about you, including contact details (as opposed to aggregated or anonymised user behaviour data), we gather while operating our Site shall not be tracked or otherwise used by a Face II Face Media Limited Brand (except for internal reporting, accounting or compliance purposes) without your informed consent;
- If you give separate informed consent for your information to be shared across the Face II Face Media Limited Brand (e.g., petperks.co.uk, petmagazine.co.uk), it may then be used to speed up form filling, or to personalise, or improve your experience if you then go to those websites;
- If we send you directly to a Face II Face Media Limited Brand’s website or you visit them independently, your information shall be subject to those websites’ privacy policies; and
- Any of your information, including contact details, gathered while operating our Site shall not be sold to third parties.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
3. Disclosure of the information we collect
The personal information you enter when registering on our Site or that we collect when you use our Site is confidential and except in the circumstances mentioned below, we will not disclose it to any third party.
We may disclose the information described at clause 2 to a third party in the following circumstances:
- If required or permitted to do so by law;
- If required to do so by any court, or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency;
- If necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings;
- In line with our own Terms and Conditions of Use
Some third-party technology we use (e.g., embedded videos, social sharing) also drop cookies to improve your experience on their sites.
For details on what cookies we do use, information on how to stop them being stored or how to delete ones already stored, read our Cookies Policy.
6. Security Policy
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of our Site. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on our Site where they are used. To protect your account, we ask you to choose a strong password to access your data on our Site. A strong password should include a mixture of letters and numbers. Your password can only be reset with access to the email address registered in our system.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee its security. By using our Site you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.